For those with demanding careers and limited time off, finding time to travel can be challenging. Luckily, a new trend in travel - ‘bleisure’, where you mix business and leisure – is providing more opportunities for the career-focused to explore the world. Here are ten cities where it’s easy to combine work and play!
1. New York City
The Big Apple is one of the most popular travel destinations on the planet, with a seemingly endless selection of museums, restaurants, events and landmarks. From Brooklyn to Manhattan, each of New York’s neighborhoods offer something unique and exciting to visitors.
- Take a city break and stroll gorgeous Central Park
- Hop aboard the ferry to see the Statue of Liberty up close
- Catch a show at a vibrant Broadway theatre
- Visit the epicenter of pop culture at the Met (the Metropolitan Museum of Art)
- Daniel – serving modern cuisine, Daniel is amongst the best restaurants in the world
- Momofuku Ko – innovative Asian fusion dishes to please even the harshest critic
- The Little Owl – to enjoy delicious brunch like a true New Yorker
- Bleecker Street Pizza – to give you the quintessential New York pizza experience
Chicago boasts all of the museums, architecture, and attractions you’d expect from a sprawling metropolis, but with its own unique charms and ample green spaces. It’s a city you’re sure to fall in love with on your bleisure visit.
- Stroll along Chicago’s expansive Waterfront
- Visit the home of the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field
- Shop ‘til you drop at popular Michigan Avenue
- Check out the interactive exhibits at the Museum of Science and Industry
- Joe's Seafood – for delicious, fresh seafood
- Mexique – innovative and contemporary Mexican dishes
- Portillo’s Hot Dogs – for an authentic Chicago hot dog
- Nookies – a lovable American diner with delicious meals
3. San Francisco
Known as 'San Fran' to its many admirers, this hub of tech startups and art lovers is packed full of charming attractions, delightful restaurants and beautiful green spaces.
- Take a trip to the prison island of Alcatraz
- Walk the most iconic landmark in San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge
- Visit San Francisco’s China Town, the largest in the USA
- Tour the Exploratorium, an interactive and fascinating museum
- Kokkiari Estiatorio – mouthwatering Greek/contemporary and impeccable service
- Chapeau! - for a high-end, delectable French dining experience
- Hog Island Oyster Company – for fresh and delicious oysters
- Sweet Maple – featuring San Francisco’s best breakfast!